Overview course on EMC for Railways
The course is under the process pf CPD Certification.
- Why EMC engineering is key in the design and delivery process.
- The reasons why the railway is a harsh EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) environment.
- Understanding basic EMC terminology.
- Real world sources of EMI.
- Navigating through EMC Standards.
- EMI coupling mechanisms.
- Examples of EMI interference.
- EM waves and shielding fundamentals.
- Harmonics, what are they and how are they produced? (Graphical Fourier Series).
- EMC and Power Quality.
- EMC Zoning.
- Variable Speed Drives – an EMI threat? How to produce an EMC compliant design using VSDs.
- EMC management and key deliverables; The EMC Control Plan and the EMC Technical File.